Thursday, September 24, 2009

Poetry Ping Pong

From time to time when awakening at 6 in the morning Jason decides to be witty and put my brain to the test with a lil' something we like to call Poetry Ping Pong. Poetry Ping Pong was initially started with one of his buddies Eric from Arizona, or maybe it was Shawn (Sean?). After Jason told me the tale of their ping pong I decided I quite liked the idea and took it over.

Jason: Wake when the owls find sleep as sparrows fly bridled with the rains of sun.

(I am not a fan of waking when the owls find sleep. Jason is a morning sparrow and I am a night owl.)

Liz: To tip their wings with golden light to sing and dive through the delight to weave a quilt of a morning sight not seen by most.

(One day we'll have to post some of the pictures of the views Jason gets to see at work every day. Seeing the sun rise from the top of the mountain overlooking the valley of Park City. Lucky pucky duck.)

Jason: Blankets of bronze in azure rays of fog meet at tree lines as the Odin wanderer stands bathed in new light.

(I've never witnessed the views early in the morning myself but I've heard of the fog, and seen majestic pictures taken by him. Epic.)

Liz: To stand and shout and stand nigh so high where dreams only dare to fly to send simple love felt sighs through the clouds to a love miles far away.

(I still sigh every morning when I wake up and look over and see that Jason isn't snoring next to me, rather he is in Park City sleeping until it's time to head up into the mountains.)

Jason: Knowing she hears the piercing devotion gives speed to my needed endurance in continued days of yearning.

( Awh :) Zeeeee end.)

...and then I fell back asleep. So digress with me; read, critique, enjoy, say what you will and think what you shall. That'll be all.

<3Riz

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This was lovely, daughter. Really lovely. Will you write a poem for me someday?